Sunday 24 August 2014

BJP 2014 Beach Hut Five

Beach Hut Five is all about my wider family who have been part of my life. The snaps in my photograph albums show the faces of my mum, dad, sister, in-laws, godmother, aunts, uncles and cousins who have shared in my everyday life, celebrations and holidays but how do you capture that in a beaded beach hut? Most were with me on my wedding day and the beach hut definitely has a feeling of something old, something borrowed and something blue. I didn't set out with this intent but I collected some bits and pieces from mum's sewing boxes which is what my sister and I did when she made my wedding dress and I made my mum's dress for the wedding as she had shingles.
The stripes of the beach hut are made from old tiny mother of pearl buttons

 and lace borrowed from my mum's sewing boxes

 and new blue buttons and beads.

I also scrapbook my family history and wanted to include something of my past ancestors so I love the antique feel the older bits give. A loving family anchors and supports you so a lovely little silver anchor charm sits on the roof

 and a flag made from scraps of my going away dress are held up by a heart flag pole.


2 comments:

  1. I've only just spotted this post! Love the beach hut. It's a wee bit 'Pearly Queen' and all the more fun for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see how my associate Wesley Virgin's autobiography launches in this SHOCKING and controversial video.

    You see, Wesley was in the military-and soon after leaving-he revealed hidden, "mind control" tactics that the CIA and others used to obtain anything they want.

    These are the same SECRETS tons of celebrities (notably those who "come out of nothing") and the greatest business people used to become rich and successful.

    You probably know how you only use 10% of your brain.

    That's really because most of your brain's power is UNTAPPED.

    Maybe this thought has even taken place INSIDE OF YOUR own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head around 7 years back, while driving a non-registered, beat-up bucket of a car without a license and with $3 in his bank account.

    "I'm very fed up with going through life check to check! Why can't I turn myself successful?"

    You took part in those types of thoughts, isn't it so?

    Your success story is going to happen. You just need to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    Take Action Now!

    ReplyDelete