They are so precise in the centre but goodness knows how I would create them in beads so I put it off and started with a red autumn leaf and a bud.
Next came the petals before finally trying to work out a way to bead the centre.
The flower in the middle has a tube which divides into three and around it six filaments and anthers so I made a tube of size 6 green beads with three clusters coming out of the top using size 15 beads and I used the same size beads to make striped filaments with a size 6 bead at the top. Not as pretty and exact as the flower but I quite like my quirky centres.
I wish I could have made the flowers more delicate or perhaps I should made the autumn leaf larger.
So this is my October leaf capturing a bit of autumn colour and the Toad Lily in beads.