Monday 28 January 2013

BJP 2013 January ~ On the way

I have been beading away and then unpicking. Sometimes because I would like it neater and sometimes because the leaf or flower ends up too high or low but I'm getting there.


I bought  different sized beads thinking I would find the little 15's fiddly and want some bigger ones to cover the ground but the little ones are my favourites at the moment. They line up so neatly whereas the cubes twist and turn. Funny, generally I'm not a perfectionist with knitting and crochet, rather than undo mistakes, I leave them in to make it unique and the house is certainly not neat and tidy most of the time.
Already thinking about February. There are snowdrops peeping up in the snow.
:)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Evanna! I love the colors you chose for your piece...and I love love love 15/0s, even as fiddly as they are :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wish i bought more 15's at my local bead shop. Unfortunately it is closing down so will have to online shop for supplies now :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Evanna! I love what you create! and love crochet, felind and beading as you do. :)
    regards from Russia!
    Masha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't resist looking at your blog when you mentioned you like crochet and felting too. What a treat for the eyes. I shall enjoy looking back at older posts in your archives:)

      Delete
  3. I understand about wanting things to line up perfectly... yep, that's part of the reason why I work with so many size 15 seed beads. However, when I let go of that precision thing, some of my most compelling pieces come forth. So I try to keep myself from scrutinizing too closely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good advice again. Perhaps instead of looking at arms length I should take a couple of steps back :)

      Delete
    2. You are so talented! I love the richness of your color choices. This is going to be stunning.

      Beth

      Delete
  4. What a lovely leaf, and very interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete